Re: National Can Resume All Flights <sorta>

The same thing is going on with the airports all around the US.
Here in Renton, and next-door at Boeing Field  are crazy about the plane
noise. One time coming in downwind for Renton airport with the school's
Twin Comanche we had a backfire on the left engine. By the time we
were on the ground controller told us that a lady called and said that
there was a plane explosion over her house and she was concerned that
the plane was going to crash on her house.

It came to the point that people who buy houses next to airports start
to blame the airport. For instance, when a c172 crashed into the house
at Suburban airport in MD people went nuts. Later it turned out that
the developer who sold the house to them said the airport would be closing
soon.

I am sure some people who bought houses at the extended centerline of
Potomac Field are really happy because of 9/11. The airport is closed,
and the people living there are pressuring the government no to open it
not because of security reasons of course.

The same thing is going on with Tacoma Narrows airport here in Washington
State because people who own houses there have $$$$ to get the airport
authority pants down.

Now, here's the interesting thing.. When I flew for few weeks in Henderson,
NV,
I saw the houses being built over looking the airport. The person that I
talked
to mentioned this family who complained about the airport noise the very
first
day they moved there. It's unbelievable..

BAHA
Fan of AOPA trying to keep the airports open in US