Re: change of email address

At 02:26 PM 3/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Could someone advise me how to change an email address on the list...

 From the old address, send e-mail to listserv@listserv.cuny.edu with the
command (in the body of the note):
change airline newuser@newnode.whatever.com

There will then be a pair of challenges issued, first to the old address
and then to the new address, to confirm that you really are both the old
address and the new address. (Imagine signing yourself up to a radical left
politics mailing list and then doing a change to dubya@whitehouse.gov. The
double-challenge prevents both your subscription from being hijacked and
from having someone spamming you with traffic from a list you don't want.)

>I used my earlier instructions to subscribe and it did not work...

You ought to have been able to have just joined up from the new address,
but that would still leave mail going to the old address, and you'd have to
petition Geert again to be authorized from the new address. Better just to
use the CHANGE command. :-)

>Thanks!

Good luck,
Nick