Re: fuzzy math?

I love urban myths that never get checked against reality.

The apparently large AMR & UAL put options were noted because they were:
- on AMR and UAL, the two airlines involved
- they were not claimed
- were disproportionate to the opposite call options by a 'abnormal'
margin.

BUT:
- AMR and UAL are the largest airlines in the world, if you are going to
'invest' in the industry, AMR and UAL is where one would go.
- Put's are rarely done as a specific investment in a company, they are
usually done against an industry. (Options are only available only the
largest traded companies)
- 2.5M is a puny amount of money in comparison to other methods used by
terrorist networks to raise money
- Many options are never called, and the cease of trading for an
unprecedented 4 days probably didn't help

Matthew