More destinations, seats for air travellers in Canada

More destinations, seats for air travellers in Canada
Last Updated Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:12:05

TORONTO - Canadians may have a little more choice when booking their next=20
flight. Three airlines have introduced new services to locations around the=
=20
country.  Starting May 1, Conquest Vacations, in partnership with=20
Skyservice Airlines, will offer expanded service to 10 Canadian cities:=20
Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Halifax,=20
Moncton, St. John's and Gander.  "Our expanded air service will offer=20
Canadians more choice at competitive prices and help fill the void left by=
=20
Canada 3000," said Robbie Goldberg, President of Conquest Vacations, in a=20
news release.  Conquest is the nation's largest independent travel=20
provider.  Goldberg indicated a fare between Toronto and Vancouver could go=
=20
as low as $489 round-trip.  The new service includes:  up to 12 flights per=
=20
week between Toronto and both Vancouver and Calgary 10 flights per week=20
between Toronto and each of Winnipeg, Halifax and St. John's  In the rush=20
to fill the vacancies left by the collapse of Canada 3000 in November, Air=
=20
Canada's new discount airliner Tango is also announcing expanded=20
routes.  "In order to meet anticipated demand for the summer peak period,=20
we will increase overall domestic capacity by=85five per cent year over=20
year," said Robert Milton, the airline's CEO, in a statement.

Tango will add Windsor and London, Ontario to its network in addition to=20
more flights to Regina and Saskatoon.
The new daily service, starting June 17, will include:
=B7       London to Halifax, Vancouver, and Calgary
=B7       Windsor to Ottawa, Halifax, Winnipeg and Calgary
=B7       Saskatoon to Vancouver
=B7       Regina to Vancouver

Tickets for the new routes will be available Feb. 28.  By next summer, Air=
=20
Tango will boost its departures to 98 per day from 36.
Air Canada also says it will increase its capacity on routes between=20
Florida and Montreal and Toronto.  The announcements came on the same day=20
former Canada 3000 president, Angus Kinnear, said he would abandon plans to=
=20
revive the defunct airline.
Kinnear praised Conquest's Robbie Goldberg.  "He's clearly doing what I=20
have been unable to convince the financial community to do."  Travel agents=
=20
say they're pleased.  "What we want is choice," says Ches Char, a St.=20
John's, Newfoundland, a travel agent and Atlantic region chairman of=20
Association of Canadian Travel Agents.  "We don't want a monopoly=20
situation. And the fact that Conquest has decided to come into Newfoundland=
=20
gives us another choice."

Written by CBC News Online staff

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

CBSC Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
Steel Expressions Orch
http://www.escape.ca/~ejames/se/
email #1: mailto:steelexpressions@yahoo.com
email #2: mailto:steelexpressions@home.com
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(NLCB) http://www.nlcb.co.tt/
(National Lotteries Control Board)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://195.224.187.36/