United and IAM 141M Reach Agreement

United and IAM District 141M Reach Tentative Agreement

Source United.com

Agreement ensures no disruption to service for United customers

For Immediate Release

(CHICAGO) Monday, February 18, 2002 -- United Airlines and UAL Corporation
(NYSE:UAL) Chief Executive Officer Jack Creighton today issued the following
statement:

"United and the International Association of Machinists District 141M today
have reached tentative agreement on a contract with the airline's mechanics,
utility workers, and related employees.

"Our negotiating team and United's Labor Committee of the Board of Directors
have accepted the terms of the IAM's proposal. With the agreement, our
customers can be confident that United will continue to operate without
disruption.

"IAM District 141M will forward the details of the tentative agreement to
the union's membership for a vote within the next two weeks.

"Reaching agreement with District 141M is a critical milestone in developing
a recovery plan that meets the needs of passengers, preserves jobs, and puts
the company on the road to financial stability. I want to thank both
negotiating teams for their hard work over the weekend. Their efforts ensure
that United's customers can continue to book and travel on United without
hesitation.

"I also want to thank our employees, who have remained singularly focused on
running a great operation in the last several weeks. They have posted some
of the best on-time performance and lowest cancellation numbers this company
has seen. They have really shown their commitment to our customers and this
airline."