Fwd: Air Canada and Thai Airways International Extend Network Between Canada and Thailand

>Air Canada and Thai Airways International Extend Network Between Canada=20
>and Thailand
>

>     MONTREAL, Feb. 13 /CNW/ - Air Canada and Thai Airways International
>(THAI) today announced an expansion of their networks between Canada and
>Thailand. Effective for travel beginning March 1, 2002, the two Star=
 Alliance
>partners are expanding services on a codeshare basis between Toronto,=
 Montreal
>and Bangkok - the Asian carrier's main hub and gateway to all of southeast
>Asia. The routings over London Heathrow represent among the fastest travel
>times from Toronto and Montr=E9al to Bangkok at 20 hrs 45 mins and 22 hrs=
 45
>mins, respectively.
>   "The introduction of codeshare services with our valued Star Alliance
>partner, THAI, improves access for our customers to Thailand and all of
>southeast Asia," said Marc Rosenberg, Vice President, Sales and Product
>Distribution. "Moreover, a transatlantic routing via Europe provides the
>shortest elapsed travel time from eastern Canada to Bangkok, gateway city=
>THAI's extensive network."
>     "Together with our Star Alliance partner, we offer customers the
>convenience of through check-in, and reciprocal Royal Orchid Plus and=
 Aeroplan
>benefits, including lounge access and mileage accumulation that qualifies
>toward top tier status," said Tasnai Sudasna, THAI's Executive Vice=
 President,
>Commercial, "We look forward to pursuing further opportunities to expand
>services, including those over the Pacific, with Air Canada in the future."
>     The codeshare flights, subject to government approval, allow for
>excellent connections at THAI's main hub in Bangkok to the carrier's=
 extensive
>network serving all of Thailand and southeast Asia including Vietnam,
>Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. Air Canada=
 offers
>THAI customers at Toronto and Montreal convenient access to all of North
>America.
>     <<
>     Toronto-London     London-Bangkok     Bangkok-London   London-Toronto
>    =
>     AC3862/TG5801      AC9552/TG911       AC9551/TG910     AC869/TG5800=
 ((*))
>     Dep2140 Arr0950(+) Dep1150 Arr0625(+) Dep0030 Arr0620  Dep0900 Arr1215
>
>     Montr=E9al-London    London-Bangkok     Bangkok-London  =
 London-Montr=E9al
>    =
>     AC864/TG5803       AC9552/TG911       AC9551/TG910     AC865/TG5802
>     Dep1940 Arr0705(+) Dep1150 Arr0625(+) Dep0030 Arr0620  Dep1320 Arr1550
>
>     (+) =3D next day
>     ((*)) Daily except Mondays and Wednesdays when TG916 BGK-LHR connects=
>         AC859/TG5800 that departs LHR at 2100 and arrives in Toronto at=
 2359.
>     >>
>     Thai Airways International is one of Asia's leading airlines,=
 operating
>out of Bangkok, the aviation hub of Southeast Asia, to 73 key destinations=
 in
>34 countries around the world with the young and modern fleet of 81=
 aircraft.
>As a founding member of Star Alliance, THAI is able to fly passengers to=
 over
>800 destinations around the world.
>     Montr=E9al-based Air Canada provides scheduled and charter air
>transportation for passengers and cargo to more than 150 destinations on=
 five
>continents. Canada's flag carrier is the 10th largest commercial airline in
>the world and serves more than 30 million customers annually with a fleet
>consisting of more than 300 aircraft. Air Canada is a founding member of=
 Star
>Alliance providing the world's most comprehensive air transportation=
 network.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

Caribbean Brass & Soca Connection Club Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
Steel Expressions Orch
http://www.escape.ca/~ejames/se/
email #1: mailto:steelexpressions@yahoo.com
email #2: mailto:steelexpressions@home.com
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(NLCB) http://www.nlcb.co.tt/
(National Lotteries Control Board)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://195.224.187.36/