Re: UA mechs vote to strike

emcelr@po-box.mcgill.ca writes:

<< clearly a terrible time to carry out a strike, >>
I think it may be just "posturing' on the unions part to reopen talks and
fine tune the language in the companys offer. The money isnt the problem but
I think they object to the language in the offer that forces them to give
back an indefinate amout of their long awaited raise.  I suspect it will all
work out soon.
(A strike vote just give the union negioaters a bit more clout at the
bargining tables-it shows that the workers are behind them and kinda
threatens the company into perhaps doing what they should have done all
along--it doesnt mean that anyone actually WANTS to strike-just part of the
game, Dennis