From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of
RT Simpson
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 5:07 PM
To: AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: AZ AG Wants PC Security Changes

Must be the heat as Arizona's Attorney General is calling on the FAA and
NTSB to make changes in airport security due to complaints from women
objecting to pat-down searches. The most complaints are against security
procedures being conducted by Phoenix based America West Airlines.
These women...all 32 of 'em across the country...object to thorough body
searches and claim male security officers have touched their breasts and
ran wands between their thighs while doing their job.  They seem to have
a friend in AZ Attorney General Janet Napolitano as she is championing
their cause and is calling for new Federal regulations that include
examinations by females for female passengers.

So do we want uniform security procedures across the country, or will
political correctness once again gum up the works?  Of course Napolitano
is no stranger to PC as last December she ordered state employees to
remove Christmas ornaments from their desks for fear of offending those
who don't celebrate Xmas.  Fortunately there was such a groundswell of
opposition, Napolitano backed of .  Oh, and less I forget to mention it
- Napolitano is running for AZ Governor!

RT Simpson
Phoenix