Fwd: Air Canada - Aeroplan Revises Top Tier Benefits, Maintains Lead as One of the World's Best Value Loyalty Programs

>Air Canada - Aeroplan Revises Top Tier Benefits, Maintains Lead as One of
>the World's Best Value Loyalty Programs
>

>     MONTREAL, Jan. 30 /CNW/ - Air Canada's frequent flyer program, Aeroplan,
>today confirmed 2002 program benefits for its top-tier Super Elite, Elite and
>Prestige members effective March 1, 2002. Aeroplan has listened closely to
>comments made by members and has revised its planned changes in two areas that
>are particularly valued by the airline's most frequent travellers: upgrade
>policy and special access to additional Aeroplan reward seats. In addition,
>mileage accumulation on discounted tickets has been revised for all members.
>     "Aeroplan is one of the best value airline loyalty programs in the world.
>The program revisions are being undertaken for two reasons: to preserve access
>to revenue seats for our best customers and to assist in returning Air Canada
>to profitability. The revision of benefits awarded to Air Canada's most loyal
>customers is not something we undertake lightly, but it is both necessary and
>financially responsible," said Rupert Duchesne, President and CEO of Aeroplan.
>"Due to the financial pressure facing Air Canada and the airline industry as a
>whole, Aeroplan has had to fine tune a number of its top-tier benefits. We
>have brought them more closely in line with the rest of the North American
>industry, but we have at the same time been able to maintain our leadership
>position as the most attractive program."
>     "I have received and personally responded to many of the e-mails and
>faxes sent by our members questioning the reasons for modifying some top-tier
>benefits. We have listened and that is why we have decided today to announce a
>revised 2002 program for top-tier members reflecting some of this feedback. We
>are constantly striving to make improvements that set us at the leading edge
>of customer loyalty programs. We are committed to ensuring long term that
>Aeroplan remains a world leader in its class," concluded Mr. Duchesne.
>
>     HIGHLIGHTS OF CHANGES TO TOP-TIER BENEFITS EFFECTIVE WITH THE 2002
>     PROGRAM:
>
>     Upgrade Policy
>     --------------
>     Effective February 1st for 2002 upgrade certificates, Super Elite members
>will now be able to request upgrades to Executive and Executive First seven
>days prior to travel. Elite and Prestige members may confirm upgrades at 72
>and 48 hours, respectively, rather than 48 and 24 hours as previously
>reported. To ensure that top-tier members who book travel closer to departure
>have access both to paid Executive Class and Executive First seats and
>upgrades, we will no longer accept the discounted "V" class fares as upgrade-
>eligible. These policies remain competitive with the North American industry.
>
>     Special access to Aeroplan reward seats
>     ---------------------------------------
>     Effective March 1st, Super Elite and Elite members will continue to have
> [...]

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

Caribbean Brass & Soca Connection Club Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
Steel Expressions Orch
http://www.escape.ca/~ejames/se/
email #1: mailto:steelexpressions@yahoo.com
email #2: mailto:steelexpressions@home.com
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(Revellers Mas Band) http://www.revellers.com/
(Trini Revellers Mas Band)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://195.224.187.36/