Re: noooooooooooo not again with the shoes

Don't jump too quick to think this is much. Remember that the machines they are using to check look for trace amounts of a list of chemicals. A lot of them are legal but not always common things.  If you work on a farm, or visit one, and get around some of the fertilizer there is a good chance you'll set the thing off.  And it can be a very minor amount from a couple of weeks ago.  You could be taking nitro for your heart, pick up a nitro tab to put in your mouth, then touch your shoes, boom, hit.  That's all it takes.

From the CNN report it sounds like the machine came back with the first hit, but no one kept an eye on the guy and he just walked off. I would bet that everytime the machine alarms a report has to be written, and when they could not find the guy, they shut the terminal down.

That said, yea it could have been Reid's brother too, but I'd not put money on it....

Shawn

The Airline List <AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>,"www.joepries.com" <airlinephoto@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Top Story - Updated 11:27 AM ET Jan 30S.F. Airport Terminals Shut DownWed Jan 30,11:23 AM ET - (AP)
SAN FRANCISCO Officials shut down 28 gates at San Francisco International Airport early Wednesday morning after security guards detected explosives residue on a man's shoes, but the man disappeared into a crowd before guards could question him.

Joe Pries Commercial Aviation Photography
Serving the airline industry with quality photography
AOL IM AIRLINE72
http://www.joepries.com