FW: Aeroplan rethinks rewards changes

www.errorplan.com

I wrote a note, posted as letter of the day for January 24th that
captures my thoughts, and the thoughts of many.

While a contingent of FF's want more or the same for less (or free),
it's clear that many of the "horror stories" detailed are about
consistency and clarity of policy and procedures.

Travellers have accepted the gradual decline of service 'ammenities'
(remember those travel bags?, free booze?, flying slippers?) but what
many travellers have never accepted is having to require the clarity of
thought of a criminal trial lawyer to understand the multi-page 'reward
charts' that airlines such as Air Canada impose.

My letter indicates this clarity and single-minded purpose of a busines
is a key success factor for airlines that this list also identifies as
successful: Westjet, Southwest, Ryan Air, Virgin Express, Virgin Blue,
Jet Blue etc.

But alas, the 'rip-off' slant seems to capture the press' attention.
Pity, the underlying problem is far more serious.

Matthew