Re: Tobago Express spared layoffs - my TE experience

My last Tobago experience was a BWIA mainline flight on a 737-800 back
and forth. Prior to that, I'd travelled Air Caribbean's shuttle service
(hourly.)

Tobago Express is a different experience, and in many cases they do it
right, many wrong.

- Single Dash 8 aircraft
 BAD. A single mechanical delay can blow an entire day. BWIA, BWIA
Express, LIAT don't have the capacity to pick up the slack. One day
while I was there picking someone up, TE refused to put pax on a
partially empty BWIA Express flight.

- Single 8x11" seat map and handwritten boarding passes
 Remember the days of seat selection stickers and a single seat map at
the check-in desk? Still in existence, except this time they rely on the
legibility of the writing of the agents.

- Reservations
 This sucks. TE won't interline bags, and reservations have to be made
over the phone or at a TE agent's desk. You can't book a flight through
to Tobago (except on BWIA Express and LIAT which don't fly that often)
so you have to haul yourself over to new check-in counters and get
hastily scrawled boarding passes.

Oh well, not much to complain about a 20 minute flight.

Matthew