Re: FW: Aviation Daily: Northwest's DC-9s Key To Flexibility, Cost Control

Actually, there is some commonality.  The FAA will tell you there is
none, but Boeing will tell you there is....I don't know what these parts
are, but I know there's some.  Heard a story about Airtran from an
employee that when they called Boeing for a part, Boeing told them to
just use a DC-9 part because "they're the same".  That wasn't the answer
Airtran wanted to hear and told Boeing that they couldn't do that and to
send a part.  This was Boeing Long Beach, by the way.

Alex Nieves