Re: Mesa wants a piece of U

   boblochry <boblochry@msn.com> wrote:

Mesa Air Group has been buying US Airways stock since September, according to
Mesa's annual 10-K report that was filed with the SEC on Friday. Mesa operates
some Express flights for US Airways. Mesa helped form an investment company,
UFLY, to buy US Airways stock for itself and others, according to the SEC
filing. As of Sept. 30, other investors had pledged $2.6 million to UFLY (Mesa
owns 50% of UFLY). I wonder if the U in UFLY has anything to do with U.

Looks like they'll have planes to fly whatever carrier they call it:

Related QuoteMESA8.56-0.14delayed 20 mins - disclaimer
Quote Data provided by Reuters
 [input]  [input]  [input]
sky_finalURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=210445.1506487.3177532.1284427/D=fin/P=m1v09pce110g04/S=7811758:SKY/A=887753/R=0/*http://www.tdwaterhouse.com/cgi-bin/rbox/welcome.cgi?adcode=141";var sky_flashFileURL = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/tdwaterhouse/120x600_rapids_1130.swf";var sky_noFlashImg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/flash/tdwaterhouse/120x600_rapids_1130.gif";; on error resume next Sub banner_click_sky_FSCommand(ByVal command, ByVal args)  call banner_click_sky_DoFSCommand(command, args)end sub

Thursday January 3, 2:19 pm Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE: Mesa Air Group, Inc.
Mesa Air Group Announces Commitment for Financing on CRJ-700 and 900 Aircraft

PHOENIX, Jan. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - news), today announced that it has reached an agreement with lessors to provide financing for up to 20 64-seat Bombardier CRJ-700 and 84-seat 900 aircraft to be delivered beginning in the spring of 2002. Mesa has orders for 40 of the CRJ-700/900 aircraft to be operated under a contract with America West Airlines. The aircraft are larger versions of the CRJ-200, which Mesa currently operates.
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065 )
``We are extremely pleased to receive this commitment to finance a significant part of our future growth,'' said Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. ``We view this as a vote of confidence in our business plan and the future of our America West Express regional jet operation. While the industry in general has slowed as a result of the attacks of September 11th, demand for regional jets continues to be strong.''
The commitment will be in the form of equity to be used in long-term U.S. leveraged leases. The average lease term is expected to be approximately 16.5 years.
``Based on our current delivery schedule, our regional jet capacity, as measured by ASMs, is expected to grow an average of 35 percent annually through 2004,'' said Rob Stone, Mesa's Chief Financial Officer. ``We are looking forward to executing our regional jet growth strategy and the resulting improvement in financial performance.''
Mesa currently operates 116 aircraft with 832 daily system departures to 153 cities, 38 states, Canada and Mexico. It operates in the west and mid-west as America West Express, the midwest and east as US Airways Express, in partnership with Midwest Express out of Kansas City and in New Mexico under the independent Mesa Airlines. It will also begin codesharing with Frontier Airlines in Denver on February 17, 2002. The Company was founded in New Mexico in 1982 and has approximately 3,000 employees. Mesa is a member of Regional Aviation Partners.
This press release contains various forward-looking statements that are based on management's beliefs, as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to management. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable; it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to have been correct. Such statements are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, estimated, projected or expected. The company does not intend to update these forward-looking statements prior to its next required filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
For further information regarding this press release please contact Benet Wilson at 602-685-4018 or Benet.Wilson@mesa-air.com.
SOURCE: Mesa Air Group, Inc.