Re: US Gov't is now in the airline bussness

In a message dated 12/29/01 6:39:18 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
bahadiracuner@yahoo.com writes:

> This is amazing.. I thought republicans were pro private enterprise and
> they have always critized the democrats of getting the government involved
> too much. Well, guess one of those oddities of Dubya!!
>
> BAHA
> Fan of democrats taking good care of the economy in 1990s.

A great deal of thanks goes to Gordon "The Sky Is Falling" Bethune for W's
decision to offer loan guarantees to the airline industry.  How ironic that
even Gordo's airline is staying away from the program due to the strings the
Feds are attaching.

You're absolutely right about the peculiarity of a Republican administration
advocating government assistance to private industry.  However you got your
post script wrong - Republicans were in control of both houses of Congress
during most of Bubba's administration, keeping his liberal agenda in check.

RT Simpson
Phoenix