Trip Report: IND-CID (1st half)

Am writing this half of the trip report now, the latter half after we're
home.  We = my ladyfriend & I...

Codes:

ATL = Hartsfield International Airport (Atlanta, Georgia)
CID = The Eastern Iowa Airport (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
CVG = Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
IND = Indianapolis International Airport (Indianapolis, Indiana)
ORD = O'Hare International Airport (Chicago, Illinois)
STL = Lambert/St. Louis International Airport
TUS = Tuscon (Arizona) International Aiport
AA = American Airlines
HP = America West Airlines
DL = Delta Airlines
TW = TWA (now TWA, "an American Airlines Company")

Wednesday 19 December 2001

Arrived at Indianapolis at 0810.  Bypassed the curbside mayhem and headed
for the American Airlines counter.  We hold e-tickets on one of TWA's former
routes (anything via STL = TWA).  Was checked in by 0823.  We got through
security and were off to Concourse B, Gate B2.

I snuck away from Becky (the ladyfriend) to do some plane spotting, sans
binoculars (didn't want the hassle of security).

Gate B1 N962BF (AA)
Gate B2 N601GH (AA #4070, IND-ORD)
Gate B3 Empty (just missed an HP flight to Phoenix [PHX])
Gate B4 N9??DL (DL #1015, IND-CVG-TUS)
Gate B5 N917DL (DL #1644, IND-ATL)
Gate B6 N????? (DL #5654, IND-CVG)

Also observed...

N311TZ
N315SW

I don't know where to find the N-number registry database, online, so I
couldn't identify anything.  Also, I don't have the expertise, yet, to
identify which plane is which, simply by visual observation. :-)

At 0929, AA announced a gate change to Gate B1.

AA#2825 IND-STL (continues onto Witchita, Kansas [ICT]) MD-80/83? N?????.
Seats 26D & 26E.

We departed at 1022 (3 minutes ahead) - unsure which runway.  Smooth flight
all around.  Cruisd @ 20,000 ft.  Landed at 1035 (73 min. flight) and taxied
into Gate D20.

Observed at STL:

N956U
N720TW
N97?CA
N964TW
N909TW

AA#2993 STL-CID (inbound from Boston (Logan), MA [BOS]).  MD-80/83? N9681B.
Seats 17B & 17C.

Departed at 1128 (2 minutes ahead of schedule).  Another smooth flight.
Cruised at 20,000 ft. and landed at 1230 on time) into gate C4.  Baggaged
arrived (yay!) on carousel #2, and we were on our way.

Another trip report for the flight back will be written around Jan. 1 or so
(maybe earlier, maybe not!)

Comments?  Questions? :)

Blaine Thompson/FWA
blainethompson@hotmail.com