Re: How to make "configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-…" an error

On Mon, 2024-09-16 at 11:09 -0400, Nick Bowler wrote:

> Yes, this is covered in the Autoconf manual[1].
>
> Use --enable-option-checking=fatal.

Ahhh.  Excellent.  I guess I just didn't have the right search terms
when I went Googling for it.  Thanks for the pointer!

> I feel like these warnings are very visible since the same warnings
> get printed both at the start and at the end of a configure run.

Fair enough.  My use case is having CI/CD driving configure and not
wanting to have to parse configure output.  The above option exactly
satisfies that.

Cheers,
b.