Re: AC_FUNC_MMAP test fails on AIX for MAP_FIXED: who's at fault?

Hi Zack,

> On 31. Jul 2024, at 20:05, Zack Weinberg <zack@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks for digging into this, Yury.  I have access to AIX machines via
> the GCC compile farm but I would not have been able to find this.

I’m also using the compile farm thanks to the great peoples of GCC who maintain and provide us access to this invaluable collection of shell hosts for porting… and the credit goes to Brooks.

Thus I’m afraid I can’t help much other than running it on my very current MacBook - as Paul mentioned, we have a page size of 16K, otherwise everything looks normal:

zaytsev@Yurys-MBP mc % ./a.out
note: using 16384 bytes as page size.
note: define MMAP_PROBE_PAGESIZE if this is incorrect.
test: zero-fill after EOF (shared mapping)... ok
test: zero-fill after EOF (private mapping)... ok
test: writes visible via shared map... ok
test: shared map alterations visible via read... ok
test: shared map alterations visible via second map... ok
test: private read-write map of file opened read-only... ok
test: alter private map of file opened read-only... ok
test: alter private map of file opened read-write... ok
test: replace existing mapping... ok

All the best,
Yury