Re: AC_FUNC_MMAP test fails on AIX for MAP_FIXED: who's at fault?

Can any of you think of other subsets of mmap functionality that are
worth supplying a test for in autoconf?  Do any of you have time to
work on patches for any or all of this?

GraphicsMagick has a GM_FUNC_MMAP_FILEIO macro which does this:

   This test is derived from GNU Autoconf's similar macro.
   The purpose of this test is to verify that files may be memory
   mapped, and that memory mapping and file I/O are coherent.

   The test creates a test file, memory maps the file, updates
   the file using the memory map, and then reads the file using
   file I/O to verify that the file contains the updates.

This functionality would be useful in Autoconf if variants are accepted.

Bob

--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/