Re: [platform-testers] autoconf-2.72e released [release candidate]

On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 5:17 PM Zack Weinberg <zack@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> autoconf-2.72e is now available.  This is a *release candidate*
> for autoconf 2.72 final.  Please test it as thoroughly as possible.
> Testing in Windows- and Darwin-based environments would be
> particularly helpful.  Testing your own project’s configure.ac with
> the new autoconf is also particularly helpful.
>
> Unless there are show-stopper bugs, I intend to make the final
> release in 48 hours, on 2023 December 22.
>
> There have been 19 commits by 4 people in the 20 days since 2.72d.
> See the NEWS below for a brief summary.
>
> Thanks to everyone who has contributed!
> The following people contributed changes to this release:
>
>   Bruno Haible (1)
>   Detlef Riekenberg (1)
>   Paul Eggert (5)
>   Zack Weinberg (12)
>
> zw
>  [on behalf of the autoconf maintainers]
>
> Here is the GNU autoconf home page:
>     http://gnu.org/s/autoconf/
>
> For a summary of changes and contributors, see:
>   http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=autoconf.git;a=shortlog;h=v2.72e
> or run this command from a git-cloned autoconf directory:
>   git shortlog v2.72e..v2.72e
>
> Here are the compressed sources:
>   https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.72e.tar.gz   (2.1MB)
>   https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.72e.tar.xz   (1.4MB)

I admit I usually don't build the package for i386 since autoconf isn't
arch dependent, but I did it this time and there are few test failures:

420: AC_SYS_LARGEFILE                                FAILED (semantics.at:908)
421: AC_SYS_YEAR2038                                 FAILED (semantics.at:917)
422: AC_SYS_YEAR2038_RECOMMENDED                     FAILED (semantics.at:926)

Tested on Fedora rawhide i386.
I let you judge if that can be categorized as a blocker though.