Re: Evaluating arithmetic expressions with macros (eval)

Hi,

Peter Hull (2023/10/12 15:04 +0100):
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 at 14:41, Sébastien Hinderer
> <Sebastien.Hinderer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Aht alone was useful. It made me realise that I was using eval, rather
> > than m4_eval. I assume this is why it didn't work as expected.
> >
> > However, eval *is* documented in section 12.2 Evaluating integer
> > expressions of the m4 info manual.
> The 'm4_' prefix is related to the `-P` option I believe, see
> https://www.gnu.org/software/m4/manual/html_node/Operation-modes.html#Operation-modes

Ah thanks for the hint!

So according to that, I expected that autoconf would call m4 with the -P
option and looked at my /usr/bin/autoconf script but it does not seem to
contain any occurrence of -P. But perhaps that appears in a sourced file
or so.

Seb.