Re: On time64 and Large File Support

On 2022-11-11 03:38, Florian Weimer wrote:
But that said, these binaries are broken anyway in 2038?
No, I expect users to run them in time-shifted VMs or containers.

That's reasonable for systems where accurate timestamps are not important and where time_t width mismatches would just get in the way.

However, if this is the expected approach, I suggest having a standard and well-documented way to timeshift VMs and containers, and unless you want to cede the field entirely to other platforms this documentation effort and testing should be done now rather than in the year 2037. (Another thing to add to your bulging to-do list....)