Re: How to set up autoconf on Ubuntu 20.04

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your reply... I tried 'apt-get install autoconf autoconf-doc' but, sadly for me, the apt package autoconf is "Autoconf is an extensible package of M4 macros that produce shell scripts to automatically configure software source code packages."

Actually, me, I'm looking to set up autoconfig for my mail domains.

As far as I know, getting autoconfig working for a mail domain involves setting up a virtual host pointing towards a particular directory and then providing an XML file with mail server info.

But I don't know any details about it. Anyway, eventually, I found something to help me move forwards at:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210530181023/https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Thunderbird/Autoconfiguration

For autodiscover (the equivalent for MS Outlook and Exchange), I found:

https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/autodiscoverconfiguration.htm#xmlredirect

Again, thank you for your kind reply. :)

With all best wishes,

Dave