Re: Parallelization of shell scripts for 'configure' etc.

On 6/18/22 3:05 PM, Tim Rühsen wrote:

[Configure for wget2 runs 'rm' and 'cat' each roughly 2000x - so I came up with enabling plugins for those two commands (had to write a plugin for 'rm', not sure if it never has been accepted by bash upstream).]

The loadable `rm' has been in bash since bash-5.0. There was, let's say,
pushback about it, mostly because it was inefficient in pathological cases
(I'm sure you remember the criticism), but it works fine for configure and
most other cases.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    chet@xxxxxxxx    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/