Re: Parallelization of shell scripts for 'configure' etc.

You can try to use the `requires` toposort routine to identify "Strongly
Connected Sub-Components", which is where I imagine you'll get the
best results. What you'll need to watch out for is undeclared ordering
requirements that parallelism would break.

The `m4sh` and `m4sugar` source code is documented in a lot of detail. The
manuals exclude that type of documentation because it's internal; but you
could keep yourself occupied for at least a month or two before you ran out
of topics to explore.