Description not expanded in a call to AC_DEFINE

Dear all,

I just added a bunch of AC_DEFINE invocations to my configure.ac, with
two arguments for each of them: a symbol name and a value.

All of them are expanded correctly and the expected header file is
generated.

As the next step, I wanted to add a description as the third argument,
hoping to find this description in the generated header file as
documented, but that does not work. I did cleanupu the project to make
sure the ancient generated header is deleted, then I did run autoconf
and configure again, but the produced header is exactly as if I didn't
add a third argument to my macro.

The macro call looks like this:

AC_DEFINE([PKG_VERSION_MAJOR], [PKG__VERSION_MAJOR],
  [The major number of the current PKG version])

Can anybody see what I am doing wrong, please?

Thanks!

Sébastien.