Re: Weird behaviour about system types

Hello Nick, many thanks for your response!

The host that I used comes from the name under which Debian has
installed the C cross-compiler. It's called aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc,
that's how I came to use this argument to --host.

Actually I find it odd that Debian installs cross-compilers under names
that do not have the canonical system type as prefix.

I can evenseee this line in my configure script:

test -n "$host_alias" && ac_tool_prefix=$host_alias-

So the computation of ac_tool_prefix does actually rely on host_alias,
rather than host, which I find surprising.

Sébastien.