Re: Future plans for Autotools

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021, Richard Purdie wrote:

> I've also not seen mention of it but the fact that GCC and the
> toolchain use an ancient version of autoconf has always been rather sad
> to me.

I moved GCC from 2.64 to 2.69 in 2018 (building on Simon Marchi's
implementation of the same move for binutils + GDB - I expect it would
have been much more work without his having already done the changes to
the shared files and shown the sorts of changes most commonly needed
outside the shared files and directories).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx