Re: Future plans for Autotools

(Removing automake as the original message said "Followup discussion
should go to the Autoconf mailing list.")

I agree that consolidating support for the current architecture and
use cases is the place to start.

The number one screaming priority would seem to be adding continuous
integration.
https://www.gnu.org/software/devel.en.html suggests that the preferred system
is Hydra.

New developers would almost certainly prefer gitlab or github as a
hosting/CI system
as opposed to Savanna + Hydra, but staying 100% free is a big gnu goal, so
it's worth trying Hydra first...?
- Dan