Re: autoconf-2.69c Gentoo tinderbox run

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 9:59 AM Michael Orlitzky <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of our developers is trying to build all of Gentoo with the new
> autoconf-2.69c and the AC_INIT quoting patch. Build failures will block
> this bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/732648

Thanks for doing this!

You should apply
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/autoconf.git/commit/?id=326c9a547423d25c621bc5c0ef76edbf6eda8c92
as well, this fixes some serious regressions when using a C++ compiler
to run tests. And you should be aware that if a configure script
crashes with an error about not finding install-sh, this actually
means you need to add config.sub and config.guess to the source tree
as well. (A patch for that one is in the works. autoreconf --install
will correct the problem for packages that use automake, but not
otherwise.)

I'm planning to put out another beta next week because of these bugs.
(Sorry about the weird version numbering scheme, it's a very old GNU
convention.)

zw