Re: using $datadir in a file that is processed by configure

On 09/07/2012 11:55 AM, Vincent Torri wrote:

> One solution is to use a sed command in a make rule in Makefile.am.

In fact, that is the ideal solution.  According to GNU Coding Standards,
datadir can be modified at make time, so you WANT it to be computed at
make time.

> Is there a better solution to do what we want ?

Have a look at the gnulib 'configmake' module, which includes rules for
making a "configmake.h" header with all of the make-time substitutions
for all of the special configure-time directories, such as $datadir.

--
Eric Blake   eblake@xxxxxxxxxx    +1-919-301-3266