setting several m4 directory in configure.ac

Hey

I have several m4 macro files and I want to put them in several sub
directories of the directory m4/. So the m4 files are located in:

m4/ (libtool m4 files)
m4/foo/
m4/bar/

I have tried to call several times AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR (one for each
dir above) but it seems that only the last call is taken into account.

How can I solve that (if it's possible) ?

thank you

Vincent

PS: in the top level  Makefile.am, I have set ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS to -I m4
-I m4/foo -I m4/bar