Re: Using GCC -MM flag

On 05/04/2011 02:25 PM, Charles Brown wrote:
> On 05/03/2011 04:00 PM, Charles Brown wrote:
>>   I tried to pass to configure using;
>>
>>     configure --prefix=$HOME/install/Debug CXXFLAGS="-MM -Wall -Werror
>> -ggdb -O0"
>
>    Was able to accomplish what I wanted with CXXFLAGS="-Wp,-MM.... Alas,
> no speed enhancement.
>
>    When/how does autoconf/automake make use of the generated dependency
> files?

Autoconf doesn't have anything to do with dependency generation
decisions.  This is all under the control of automake, so you may have
better results asking on the automake lists.

> This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
> information that is company confidential or privileged.

Also, it is considered poor netiquette to send from company accounts
when posting to a publicly archived list, since it renders the
disclaimer unenforceable.  You might get better response if you send
from a different account.

--
Eric Blake   eblake@xxxxxxxxxx    +1-801-349-2682