Re: Problems when using an alternative autotools installation

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Jim Galarowicz wrote:

So, there is apparently something wrong with my set-up for using the alternative install. I've been searching the internet for clues and thought I found the answer when I found information about setting ACLOCAL_FLAGS:
        ACLOCAL_FLAGS=-I /opt/newest_autotools_root/share/aclocal
But that didn't make any difference.

Hi Jim,

I have successfully used alternative autotools with (the analogue of)
  export PATH=/opt/newest_autotools_root/bin:$PATH

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>