AT_CHECK within for loop

In a nutshell, I've written a drop-in replacement of another tool and would like to test that it functions identical to the original.  All you need to know about these tools is that they take as input one or more binary files and produce a single binary file.  Of course they do more than that, but the details aren't important.  Also, in order to compare the binary output files, I've written another tool "pgcmp".

The input files are stored in a data directory.  The number of files in this directory can change.  It'd like to perform the same tests against every input file in the data directory, but have the ability to skep files which might not meet some sort of criteria.  Something like:

AT_SETUP([testing $file, no arguments])
for file in $datadir/*
do
	AS_IF([bad $file], [continue])
	AT_CHECK([replacement $file -o replacement.out])
	AT_CHECK([original $file -o original.out])
	AT_CHECK([pgcmp replacement.out original.out])
done
AT_CLEANUP

Is this allowed/okay?