Re: Configure Fail

Hello Aaliya,

* aaliya zarrin wrote on Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:44:16AM CET:
> While compiling memcached I am getting the following error.
>
> "cannot run test program while cross compiling"
> It is unable to set few cache variable values. such as endianness.
> What is the solution, can anybody help ?

Please tell the memcached developers that when they use AC_RUN_IFELSE in
their configure.ac script, they should add default results for the cross
compilation case.

It may be that you can set a configure cache variable to by-pass the
test, but we cannot tell that without seeing the configure.ac code.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf