Re: Arrays in configure.ac

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 21:48 -0700, Sam Silla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to create an array of values to use in configure.ac and am
> unsure what the best way to accomplish this is. I was wondering if Autoconf
> comes with native support for constructing and iterating through arrays.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sammy

There is actually quite nice array-like support in m4, just take a look
here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/autoconf/Looping-constructs.html#Looping-constructs
m4 macros are expanded at autoreconf time, shell arrays are used at
configure time, so make sure whether you can use those handy m4 macros.

Matej