Reusing the product of AC_LANG_PROGRAM().

Hi.

Is it possible to reuse whatever AC_LANG_PROGRAM() produces?

I would like to define a test-case for __thread/__declspec(thread) but I
want to be able to use the same test-case for both AC_LINK_IFELSE() and
AC_RUN_IFELSE(), and I do not want to repeat the source code of the
test-case twice. The reason for this double testing is cross-compilation.
Apparently, some compilers accept the __thread keyword and even link the
executable but the result fails to execute due to run time linking errors
or due to SIGSEGV. OTOH, if I am cross-compiling, I cannot run the
test-case, so I would like to go with the result of the link test.

--
VH