Re: hide help string

On 12/22/09 8:08 PM, Peter Johansson wrote:

I tried AC_ARG_WITH with an empty second argument, but that resulted in an empty line in the help output which I would prefer to get rid of (if possible). Does anyone know any trick how that could be accomplished?

I learnt that if I put

m4_divert_once([HELP_WITH], [])

before the first AC_ARG_WITH, the empty line moves to just before "Optional Features:" in help output, which is prettier. However, it seems as a bit of a hack relying on implementation details. Would it make sense to modify AC_ARG_WITH (and friends) to ignore empty help strings?

Thanks,
Peter