Re: AC_C_CONST with C++

Harlan Stenn <stenn@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Not using AC_C_CONST might not be an option for folks who need to deal
> with older C compilers, but I can see that the number of folks who need
> both older C compilers *and* C++ is probably a *very* small number.

"Small" meaning less than 1, I suspect.  It's been years since we got
any bug reports about pre-C89 C compilers in real use, much less
combining K&R with C++.

Occasionally a computer museum speaks up and asks about K&R C.  This
is where people are deliberately maintaining an old machine just for
fun.  But I don't consider this a real use.  People who want to run a
computer museum shouldn't be using Autoconf anyway, as Autoconf itself
goes back only to the early 1990s, and 'const' predates that.