Re: After upgrade autoconf from 1.13 to 2.57, I experienced some problems - HELP

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

2.57 was released six years ago.  I don't think you can expect much help

four years as of last week.
even 2.50 is only a little over 5 years old.

(however, it is not an unreasonable expectation from people that an application be evolved in a upwardly compatible series of versions, and that its maintainers can occasionally point out where interesting bugs were fixed).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net