Re: Dealing with static libraries cleanly?

"E. Rosten" <er258@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Sadly some systems (the version of Solaris/SPARC which I hace access
> to and which has a half decent compiler) have a mixture of static
> and dynamic libraries (eg libz is available as static only).

Without addressing your general question, which version of Solaris is
this?  The oldest Solaris I have ready access to (Solaris 8 sparc) has
only dynamic libz, in the SUNWzlib package.

You can run "grep /libz /var/sadm/install/contents" to find out the
answer to this question.