Re: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS vs. AC_CONFIG_FILES

Hi David,

* David Fang wrote on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 04:04:19AM CET:

> 	What I'd like is AC_CONFIG_FILES to also perform a difference
> check on the output files before overwriting them, just the way
> AC_CONFIG_HEADERS does.  (Is this a safe and easy request to accommodate?)

Maybe you can have an intermediate file created from config.status
(AC_CONFIG_FILES), and then use move-if-change to the header, in
conjunction with a stamp file.  I'm not sure whether there are make
implementations that don't cope well with this scheme, nor whether
that is due to bugs in them.

Cheers,
Ralf