Re: autotools are persistent in using /usr/lib/libstdc++.la

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 05:06:38PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 03:36:36PM -0700, Marc Singer wrote:
> > I'm cross-building an autotools enabled package (konqueror-embedded).
> > It builds fine on Debian derived, but RedHat systems include the file
> > /usr/lib/libstdc++.la.  I've made sure that the prefix is not /usr and
> > I've eliminated all references to /usr from the build/link.  There's
> > nothing in the makefile that explicitly references this file, but it
> > persists in the link where it seems to come from a .deps file.  I've
> > even added the compiler's lib directory explicitly in the configure
> > invocation, but that doesn't seem to fix it.
>
> I doubt Autoconf has any role in this.  If you use Libtool, it probably has a
> role.  Graham Leggett reported[1] a similar problem on the Libtool lists a few
> weeks ago, but I do not recall a firm answer.
>
> [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2005-08/msg00021.html

Interesting.  It *does* sound very familiar.

I'm rebuilding from scratch to make sure that I have a clean set of
libraries to compare.  It looks like the dependency is being passed
from one library to the next.  Most of them link OK.

Thanks for the pointer.