Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not supersede /usr/lib for AC_CHECK_LIB ?

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Stan Guillory wrote:

Actually, on Solaris at least, LD_LIBRARY_PATH *is* used to find shared libraries to link against. It's been something we have particularly had to guard against, since some older versions of thirdparty libraries we use have been installed in /usr/lib and it has corrupted our builds. In fact, LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems to supercede the paths specified with -L flags.

This is yet another example of why LD_LIBRARY_PATH should *never* be set in the user environment.

Bob