automake + others being run everytime something changes

HI Guys,

I've followed the documentation to make a gnu build system. The only
problem I have is when i checkout my program from CVS and run configure,
before it will built it re-runs aclocal, autoconf, automake and
configure AGAIN.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?