Re: Library that needs large file support

Paul Eggert writes:
 > Florian Weimer <fw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
 >
 > > I'm writing a library that will require large-file support on 32-bit GNU
                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^
 > > platforms (so that off_t and ino_t are 64 bits wide, otherwise data
 > > structure layout would change).  What is the canonical way to enforce
 > > this?
 >
 > AC_SYS_LARGEFILE

What about largefile support on a non-GNU system?

Posix uses various "getconf" calls for compilation flags, library
flags, and linking flags.  The values returned from the various
"getconf" calls are typically command substituted into the program
build invocations in the Makefile.

I grep-ed all of the installed autoconf files (Debian autoconf
2.57-11) for "getconf", with no matches found.

--
Jeff Sheinberg