Re: generating a configure script in a subdirectory?

You confuse me.  The purpose of AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS is to pass the
configure arguments to subordinate configures (e.g. --prefix) so that
as long as each subproject follows the same GNU-standard rules, the
binaries should install into the same directory.

I know, but AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS calls an existing configure script in the subproject directory
if it exists right?, but if it doesn't it throws up an error. My cuestion is, how can I generate subproject/configure
script at the same time when I generate the main configure script, so I don't have to go into the subproject
directory and run autoconf/automake.

Cheers,

Juan Luis Baptiste