Re: Poartble use of shared libraries when linking executables

> Despite the apparent consensus that AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS should be added,
> I cannot find it in 2.57.  Has the macro undergone significant
> changes, or is it simply not in yet?

The apparent consensus was that AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS is useful. However,
Akim prefers to have it added to libtool instead of autoconf. This has
not happened (yet?), partially because I believe that it belongs in
autoconf. In the meantime the macro and its testsuite are available as
a subdirectory 'autoconf-lib-link' in the GNU gettext distribution.

Bruno