Re: YUM client for Windows

KG> [...] I'm looking for a method to pull down the RPMs on my
KG> corporate Windows client, and move them over to our CentOS boxes
KG> in AWS.  Any suggestions ???

Yum only needs the content to be available on a web server; it doesn't
care what OS runs it.  Make a local mirror of the repositories you want
(preferably using rsync from a nearby public mirror) and modify the
repository files in /etc/yum.repos.d on your clients to talk to your new
local mirror.  You can limit rsync to only the content that is truly
needed with liberal use of "--exclude" options.

If carrying a full mirror is too problematic, you could also just run a
proxy.  I've no idea how to do that on Windows, though, and it would
probably fall afoul of your corporate policy.

 - J<